Hey everyone, happy Friday! Is anyone else as ridiculously excited and relieved as I am that the weekend is finally here?! Whoop! We are continuing our Fit Kids for Summer series today, and you’re going to love today’s post.
Our guest today is Samantha from Fearlessly Creative Mamas. Her blog is chock full of recipes, crafts, and other fun stuff, so if you haven’t visited it yet you should head over now! Oh wait…not NOW now, but LATER now, after you’ve read her post below! 😉 Leave us a comment and tell us your favorite new idea so far in the series! -Kandice
I am sooo HAPPY that school is finally out for summer break. I think I have been counting down the days since like Christmas! I’m sure I will be happy for it to start back up by the time September rolls around though.
|Me and the crazy kiddos!|
I love summer. It is my favorite season and we are so busy in summer. I have come up with a great list of activities to keep you and your kids active this summer, hopefully you won’t hear the word bored as much! 🙂
1. Play hopscotch. It will keep your kids moving, and it’s a great way to keep them practicing writing their numbers and counting.
2. Jump on the trampoline. If you don’t have one, check out the local Ijump. It is a great way for the kids to burn off some extra energy.
3. Try to keep using electronics to a minimum. My kids will be hard to talk into this, but I keep reminding them, we only get a few months of nice weather, so get outside and enjoy it!
4. Take them on bike rides. Even if you don’t ride a bike, you can walk or jog along side.
5. Go on nature hikes. This would be a great way to teach them about different kinds of tree and animals.
6. Have races with them in the backyard. Winner gets to pick where you have ice cream that night.
7. Jump rope. They have jump ropes at Walmart in the kids department by the hoola hoops for 97 cents!
8. Make treats together, like cookies, and while they’re cooking, do a quick workout together; jumping jacks, push ups, etc. My kids love to do workouts with me, even if they don’t do it exactly right.
9. Run through the sprinklers, or get a slip and slide. Those things are so fun and will wear the kids right out!
10. Take them to Chick-fil-A, McDonald’s, Leo’s, or somewhere else with a play place, and let them go crazy!
11. Do yoga together. They might show you up since little kids are so flexible, but it’s fun to watch at least 🙂
12. Take them to a near by park to play.
13. Make a circuit in the backyard with different stations. So like the first one do 20 jump ropes, the second dribble a ball 10 times, etc.
14. If you have a Radio Flyer wagon, have them give each other rides with it across the yard.
15. Have a scavenger hunt in the backyard.
16. Play Mother May I? Did you play that when you were little? I really liked it!
17. Have your kids help you do yard work, even just pulling weeds.
18. If your kids are giving you grief about limiting electronics, like I know my kids will, then require a certain amount of other activities. Like play outside for an hour, or if they have chores to do first.
19. Go swimming. This is one of our favorite family activities in the summer. We like to go to Rexburg Rapids, Ross Park, Lava Hot Springs, Heise, and this year we going to Rigby Lake for the first time.
20. Go skating. We haven’t braved it yet since our kids are kind of young still, but it will happen soon. Starlight Skating is where I liked to go when I was little.
21. Go bowling. Bowlero is our favorite place in town.
22. Summer sports are a great way to keep your kids active in the summer. The YMCA has great programs.
23. The Paramount Theater has a great summer movie program, and they are so inexpensive!
24. Do a 5k with the family. They have tons in the summer! So far we have done the Color Run, and we have registered for the Neon Vibe, but I have heard about a really cool super hero one that I want to look into, and I know there is another one on the 4th of July that sounds like a lot of fun too!
25. Go camping! So much fun and so much to do!!
I hope this list has given you some great ideas to keep your summer fun and hopefully not hear “I’m bored” so much! 🙂
Posted by Samantha